It's a new day and new Firefox!
Okay, so the latest version of Firefox really isn't all that new (the original version of Firefox 2 was released way back in 2006). But, Firefox 126.96.36.199 does include some critical security updates over previous versions of Firefox 2. Another memory corruption fix is included in the form of Gecko 188.8.131.52. This will surely not be the last memory corruption fix featured in Firefox 2, but progress is a beautiful thing.
I'm off to upgrade — I hope you are too.
MFSA ID Impact Description
- MFSA 2008-15 Critical Crashes with evidence of memory corruption (rv:184.108.40.206)
- MFSA 2008-16 Moderate HTTP Referrer spoofing with malformed URLs
- MFSA 2008-17 Low Privacy issue with SSL Client Authentication
- MFSA 2008-18 High Java socket connection to any local port via LiveConnect
- MFSA 2008-19 High XUL popup spoofing variant (cross-tab popups)
Table 1. Fixed in Firefox 220.127.116.11