By default, Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) comes with BIND 9 pre-installed and pre-configured to operate in caching-only mode. Unfortunately, the operating system is not configured to start the server at boot time, or even use the server if it was running. In this series of articles, we'll create a startup item for the BIND server, get it ready to start automatically, and configure OS X to use our new name server.
- Creating an OS X Startup Item For BIND
- OS X BIND Config Cleanup
- Starting BIND In OS X (Even After Reboot)
- BIND Startup in Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
- Updating OS X Network Settings to Use a Local DNS Server
- Using a Local DNS Server in Leopard